The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
The Administrative assistant will support the submission and processing unit in the tasks related to the operational activities of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). In particular the tasks related to the micro, small and medium-sized enterprises size verification, in accordance with the Commission Recommendation.
- Post-secondary financial education and/or professional experience in finance/accounting
- Fluent in English and good writing skills
- Flexibility, team spirit, sense of priority, solution and decision oriented
- Customer orientation
- Resilience to pressure and high workload
- Experience in processing high volumes of administrative/technical enquiries, as well as proficiency in Dutch, Danish, German, Polish and/or Mandarin language(s), would be assets.
- Perform SME size verifications, research on company background, ownership structure and financial and headcount data;
- Provide administrative support in horizontal tasks of the SME team, such as external and internal communication, tracking the cases, sending decisions through ECHA IT tools (REACH-IT), monitoring and reporting, archiving, assisting in management of functional mailboxes, filing and archiving;
- Assist in correspondence with registrants regarding their cases;
- Respond to general queries and communications from registrants in line with the relevant regulation/recommendation, make phone calls when necessary;
- Prepare an assessment and recommendation for an SME size decision.
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.