If insures all that is valuable in life: people, animals, homes, cars and more. We also help companies to ensure that it is business as usual even if they suffer a claim. Thanks to 6,900 skilled employees, our 3,6 million customers in the Nordic and Baltic countries have the right coverage and can feel confident that they will get the help they need – if something should happen. IT Services is responsible for IT operations, support and the procurement of IT related services, licenses and supplies for If. We provide this through several vendors – and with a strong culture of owning and developing our IT-solutions. 600 of If’s 6000 employees are within IT in over 30 internal development teams, many of which are transitioning to Cloud and DevOps way of working. Our Wide Area Network spans the Nordics as well as Baltics along with dedicated connection to Azure, and we have made a move to Office 365. If’s employees as well our customers rely on that IT works, is modern and cost efficient. To live up to these expectations we must be able to handle a complex environment and communicate in an understandable way. We must have a high level of professionalism and competence, be service minded and eager to learn If’s business challenges.
Are you curious to start as Site Reliability Engineer in the Nordic’s biggest Insurance Company? We are looking for a talented:
Site Reliability Engineer with focus on Cloud Operations
Service Delivery is a Nordic unit responsible for delivering good quality and stable IT services to If. We have recently establishing a Team of Site Reliability Engineers to strengthen our unit. This team focuses on securing and continuously improving robustness, scalability and continuity for the whole If IT landscape. This will be done in close co-operation with the application teams and vendors, as well as with the IT support organization.
We are now seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer focusing on supporting Cloud Computing Infrastructure and its processes. You as a Cloud Operations professional will be supporting the configuration, administration, customization, documentation and automation of the Virtual Data Center (VDC) Infrastructure & its processes which is deployed on top of Azure. Cloud Ops provides operational/engineering support for both the platform as well as the dev teams that leverage the platforms. You will have an important internal consultancy role to share knowledge, create instructions, train and help the dev teams.
We offer you an inspiring and challenging position that enables you to develop your role and skills by driving adoption of emerging technologies and new ways of working. We ha around 50 production workloads in Azure, 3x yearly growth in usage, current year usage near 3mEUR, 800+ services waiting to be modernized. You will get an opportunity to establish new standards supporting DevOps practices within a very modern hybrid IT environment. You will be part of an informal and performance oriented culture which is seriously transforming into cloud, and have a flexible work-life where not one day is the same as the other.
- As a cloud expert, you’ll support operations and administration of our cloud platform to ensure availability, continuity, security, reliability and recoverability.
- Support continuity & disaster recovery planning and exercises.
- Work closely with Information Security group on security, compliance and audit requirements related to VDC.
- Maintain services once they are in production by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools.
- Create, manage and report against KPIs for the cloud operation, overseeing all cloud change management and deployment activities.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need
- Strong overall understanding and hands-on experience of IT services, operations, infrastructure, and application development in a complex environment
- Knowledge in DevOps practices and Agile development methods
- Cloud Operations, Service automation, Cloud administration & management, Continuity and Performance tuning experience.
- Experience in coding or scripting
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripts to automate IT Operations, Azure OMS and Security Center would be very useful
- Able to communicate in one Nordic language as well as fluent in English, both written and oral.
This is a Nordic position, located in Turku or Stockholm and reports to the Site Reliability Manager. Some travel will be required since the role has responsibility throughout the countries in which If operates.
In this recruitment If cooperates with Experis as a recruitment partner. For more information regarding the recruitment process, contact Experis consultant Kati Tuominen p. 050 390 9787, on Monday 4.6. at 8-9.
Apply asap, latest before 24.6. by registering your CV (including salary expectations) on www.experis.fi and connect to the current position. Only applications in English will be considered. Your application will be handled with confidentiality. As the selection process and interviews are being conducted continuously send your application as soon as possible.
Experis™ is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.