The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern
The administrative assistant will assist the PIC Operations Team of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) in its administrative and technical tasks related to the implementation of the EU PIC Regulation. In particular, they will work in the areas of processing export notifications and Prior Informed Consent requests initiated by EU exporters and Designated National Authorities respectively
- Flexibility, team spirit, sense of priority, solution and decision oriented
- Customer orientation
- Resilience to pressure and high workload
- Experience/capacity to work with IT-based processing tools and procedures
- Experience in processing high volumes of administrative/technical dossiers/enquiries, as well as proficiency in Spanish and/or French language(s), would be assets
- Perform validations on PIC export notifications and related tasks.
- Provide technical and regulatory support
- Provide company support by drafting answers to Helpdesk questions and placing company calls, upon assignment.
- Provide assistance to the development of user manuals and other materials
- Support to reporting activities
- Perform other duties as required.
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.