Are you curious to start as Site Reliability Engineer in the Nordic’s biggest Insurance Company? We are looking for a talented:
Site Reliability Engineer
Service Delivery is a Nordic unit responsible for delivering good quality and stable IT services to If. We have recently establishing a Team of Site Reliability Engineers to strengthen our unit. This team focuses on securing and continuously improving robustness, scalability and continuity for the whole If IT landscape. This will be done in close co-operation with the application teams and vendors, as well as with the IT support organization.
We are now seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer. You as a IT Operations professional will be supporting the It continuity and cloud operations areas. While various development teams focus on building our services, It Ops provides operational/engineering support for both the platforms as well as the dev teams that leverage the platforms. You will have an important internal consultancy role to share knowledge, create instructions, train and help the dev teams.
We offer you an inspiring and challenging position that enables you to develop your role and skills by driving adoption of emerging technologies and new ways of working. You will get an opportunity to establish new standards supporting DevOps practices within a very modern hybrid IT environment. You will be part of an informal and performance oriented culture, and have a flexible work-life where not one day is the same as the other.
- It continuity & disaster recovery planning and annual DR exercises
- Support operations of our production cloud platform to ensure availability, continuity, security and reliability
- Deploy and utilize automation tools to minimize human operational requirements.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems.
- Promote the DevOps and SRE mindset.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need
- BS degree in Computer Science. [MS preferred]
- Strong overall understanding and hands-on experience of IT services, operations, infrastructure, and application development in a complex environment
- Knowledge in DevOps practices and Agile development methods
- Able to communicate in one Nordic language as well as fluent in English, both written and oral.
- PowerShell scripts writing experience
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the best possible solutions
- You are an expert or interested to grow as an expert in it continuity and cloud operations
This is a Nordic position, located in Turku or Stockholm and reports to the Site Reliability Manager. Some travel will be required since the role has responsibility throughout the countries in which If operates.
In this recruitment If cooperates with Experis as a recruitment partner. For more information regarding the recruitment process, contact Experis consultant Kati Tuominen p. 050 390 9787, on Tuesday 18.9. klo 8-9.
Apply asap, latest before 30.09. by registering your CV (including salary expectations) on www.experis.fi and connect to the current position. Only applications in English will be considered. Your application will be handled with confidentiality. As the selection process and interviews are being conducted continuously send your application as soon as possible.
Experis™ is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.