The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for four SCIENTIFIC ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORTS (Unit C2) for fixed term period of 23/10/2017 – 31/08/2018. The positions are full-time. The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center. The positions are filled as soon as possible so apply quickly.
- Creation of case in IT system (dynamic case), extracting information from dispute submissions and database (REACH-IT, IUCLID)
- Following through on deadlines and tasks (within and beyond the team)
- Sending of communications etc. through REACH-IT
- Support in planning and monitoring of ongoing and incoming tasks
Drafting / communication tasks:
- Drafting and coordinating of communications and decisions to different parties (md. consultation of legal units etc.)
- Replying to company questions on data sharing, disputes and related REACH matters (supporting ECHA helpdesk level 2)
- University degree or relevant professional experience in e.g. public administration, business administration, law, social or political sciences, or communications, would be preferred
- Ability to draft complex regulatory texts and official decisions of the agency
- Ability to break down complex regulatory questions in an understandable way, e.g. for SMEs
- Ability to handle several cases at the same time
- Team-orientation, ability to cooperate with colleagues from different backgrounds and from various units
- Ability to write and to communicate clearly and efficiently in spoken and written English
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.
We offer you an interesting, multicultural working environment and a chance to develop you skills.
Apply for this job with your registered EUROPASS CV by clicking "Hae/Apply" on Manpower's website www.manpower.fi.
Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent recruitment workforce solutions. It is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions. Manpower Finland is an authorized private employment agency with branches across the nation. Its combination of global reach and local expertise allows for greater flexibility and agility to respond to changing business needs, providing unique value to clients and candidates through permanent, temporary and contract positions.