The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for a ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT for fixed term period of 01/07/2017 – 15/08/2017 (full-time). The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center. The position is filled as soon as possible.
- Assist the RAC/SEAC Secretariat and in particular Committee Assistants, Scientific
Secretariat and Chairmen in organising Committee meetings and written
procedures and in taking the necessary follow-up actions, including assisting in
the preparation of parts of the meeting minutes and reports for the Committee.
- Support the outsourcing of work (contracting, dispatching and managing of
contracts) and assist in the administration procedure, in close collaboration with
the financial assistants, of contracts with the rapporteurs.
- Assist the Scientific Secretariat in administrative tasks related to the Unit’s
processes and dossier administration.
- Administer the distribution of documents to Committee members and other
- Administer the contact details and declarations of Committee members and
- Manage electronic mailboxes and send requested information and documents.
- Take, transcribe and prepare notes, minutes, routine correspondence,
presentations and/or other texts.
- Create files and retrieve documents, making sure that they are filed and secured
in accordance with the regulations in force.
- Edit and format of committee opinions for publication on the ECHA web site.
- Provide assistance by maintaining excel sheets, responding to general enquiries
and managing emails and the calendar.
- Ensure follow-up and respect of deadlines.
- Assist colleagues and secretarial staff when needed.
- Support the administration of the contact management, document management
and distribution systems (currently CIRCABC) of the Unit.
- Any other tasks as per request.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Capacity to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- Expert experience in MS Office (specifically Excell) and data analysis tools;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for team work as well as cooperative and service-oriented attitude;
- Good English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of
- Knowledge in EU administration, specifically regards the REACH MSC, RAC and
We offer you an interesting, multicultural working environment and a chance to develop you skills.
Apply for this job with your registered EUROPASS CV by clicking "Hae" on Manpower's website www.manpower.fi.
With offices in 80 countries, Manpower is one of the largest contingent and permanent staffing firms globally, and the market leader in the Nordic and Baltic countries. In Finland we are one of the largest companies specializing in recruitment, temporary staffing and assessments. We help employers find competent and motivated professionals for interim and permanent positions at all organizational levels. We serve our clients and candidates across the nation. Manpower is an authorized private employment agency.