The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for a Communication support - Language editor fixed term employment relationship. The position is starting as soon as possible and will continue until 13/12/2019. The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center.
The language editor supports the tasks of the news and media team by proofreading, re-writing and editing content. The editor will also support other Communications activities where needed.
- Fluent knowledge of English language, vocabulary and grammar to a native level;
- A detail-orientated approach to work;
- Experience in writing and editing articles in English and a knowledge of communication best practice;
- Ability to work under very tight schedules;
- Good organisational skills and common sense;
- Team working and flexibility;
- Post-secondary or university degree.
- Check and proofread a variety of documents, news texts and web content for accuracy and readability of English language and content;
- Ensure texts are logically structured and written
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Agency at the drafting stage of documents;
- Re-write and edit content;
- Assist in media monitoring;
- Possibility to conduct interviews and write articles for the Newsletter;
- Perform other duties related to Communication tasks.
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.
We offer you an interesting, multicultural working environment and a chance to develop you skills.
Apply for this job with your registered EUROPASS CV by clicking "Hae/Apply" on Manpower's website www.manpower.fi
With offices in 80 countries, Manpower is one of the largest contingent and permanent staffing firms globally, and the market leader in the Nordic and Baltic countries. In Finland we are one of the largest companies specializing in recruitment, temporary staffing and assessments. We help employers find competent and motivated professionals for interim and permanent positions at all organizational levels. We serve our clients and candidates across the nation. Manpower is an authorized private employment agency