The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for a SECRETARY (Unit E2) for fixed term period of 24/01/2018 – 31/03/2018 .
The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center. The position is filled as soon as possible.
To provide general administrative and secretarial support to the Evaluation processes according to the relevant procedures and work instructions, including workflow and document management, communications, meetings organisation, logistics needs and information.
Administrative support tasks:
- Provide assistance to the Head of Unit and the Unit by managing calendars, scheduling meetings, filtering, routing and answering enquiries;
- Administer the electronic and conventional document management systems for the unit (mailing, typing, photocopying, scanning, filing, archiving);
- Administer the relevant human resources related tasks;
- Provide appropriate support to the organisation of mission;
- Secretarial and administrative services internally to Unit staff members, and when necessary to other ECHA staff;
- Coordinate the different communications about the Evaluation processes within the rules of ECHA's mail registry (Routing incoming correspondence, tracking, monitoring, finalising and transmitting outgoing correspondence, reporting)
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organisation of internal and external events such as meetings, workshops, conferences and public events.
- Manage the stage of finalisation of evaluation documents (e.g. decisions), including implementing final editorial changes, scanning and passing on to the Evaluation assistants for communication via REACH-IT;
- Support the preparation of the Substance Evaluation Meeting (SEM) (agenda, invitations, background documents);
- Support the handling of tasks related to publication of evaluation decisions and other outcome documents.
- Administrative background with experience in assistant tasks
- Good MS Office skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with others in order to reach common goals
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Self-management: ability to manage priorities efficiently
- Communication: ability to write and to communicate clearly and efficiently in spoken and written English
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.
Interviews will be taken place at week 3.
We offer you an interesting, multicultural working environment and a chance to develop you skills.
Apply for this job with your registered EUROPASS CV by clicking "Hae/Apply" on Manpower's website www.manpower.fi.
Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent recruitment workforce solutions. It is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions. Manpower Finland is an authorized private employment agency with branches across the nation. Its combination of global reach and local expertise allows for greater flexibility and agility to respond to changing business needs, providing unique value to clients and candidates through permanent, temporary and contract positions.