The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for an for a Scientific Administrative Support fixed term employment relationship. The position is starting as soon as possible and will continue until 04/10/2019. The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center.
Contribute to the planning, preparation, organisation and follow-up, in close collaboration with the Chairman and reporting to the Head of Unit, of the work of the
Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC).
- Completed university degree
- Knowledge in EU administration, specifically regards the REACH processes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capacity to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- Expert experience in MS Office and data analysis tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for team work as well as cooperative and service-oriented attitude
- Good English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of the Committee)
- Contribute to the organisation of the meetings and written procedures of RAC, prepare the Draft Agendas, minutes and necessary background documentation, co-ordinate input from different sources, and take the necessary follow-up actions8
- Contribute to organise and follow-up the RAC tasks under the CLH process of the CLP Regulation, including co-ordinate the preparation of Draft and Final Opinions on CLH dossiers
- Support RAC in other tasks, such as AfA dossiers and mandates under Article 77(3)(c) as needed
- Provide support and guidance to the Committee members, in particular to Rapporteurs and external experts as relates to the Committee tasks
- Ensure consistency of opinions within RAC, and between the other relevant Committees, including those run by other Community bodies
- Support the preparation, review, updating and ensure the appropriate application of Procedures (PROs) and Working Instructions (WINs) for RAC
- Contribute to the quality control system for the management of the Committees and apply it, including risk analysis and review of deliverables and timetables
- Contribute to the maintenance and review of procedures and working relations with other ECHA units relevant for the Committees' work
- Provide the necessary statistical data on the performance of RAC if needed
- Contribute to the management and use of the document management and distribution system for the Committees (e.9. S-CIRCABC, Documentum, Dynamic Case, ELM tool, etc.)
- Handle external requests for information relevant to the work of RAC, including requests from the European institutions, international bodies, Member States, stakeholders and the general public
- Perform other duties related to the job
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.
With offices in 80 countries, Manpower is one of the largest contingent and permanent staffing firms globally, and the market leader in the Nordic and Baltic countries. In Finland we are one of the largest companies specializing in recruitment, temporary staffing and assessments. We help employers find competent and motivated professionals for interim and permanent positions at all organizational levels. We serve our clients and candidates across the nation. Manpower is an authorized private employment agency.