The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for SCIENTIFIC ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT for fixed term 11/07/2018 – 27/11/2018. The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center.
To support unit's work-areas dealing with the operational activities of ECHA in the area of risk management, in particular for the purposes of the PBT/ED assessment, SVHC identification and screening of substances, in accordance with the work plan and projects in the unit.
- Extract and evaluate information on properties of substances to support their assessment
- Compile overviews, prepare background information for various processes,assessment and progress reports
- Support handling and evaluation of dossiers prepared by Member States
- Report to the work area co-ordinators and/or management on progress,achievements and potential problems in a timely manner.
- Completed university studies in relevant area (e.g. (eco) toxicology,environmental sciences, biology, chemistry or (veterinary) medicine)
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and responsibility for own work
Knowledge and/or expertise on the following fields are considered as assets:
- Data handling or data mining
- Environment and/or health hazard assessment