The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for a COMMUNICATION SUPPORT - LANGUAGE EDITOR for fixed term period of 09/10/2017 – 07/08/2018. The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center. The position is filled as soon as possible.
General description: The language editor supports the tasks of the Newsroom by proofreading and editing content, writing news and newsletter articles and updating news on ECHA’s website. The editor will also support other Communications related activities where needed.
- Check and proofread a variety of documents and web content (both internal and external) for accuracy and readability of English language and content;
- Ensure texts are logically structured and written in line with ECHA’s ‘house style’;
- Collaborate with colleagues at the drafting stage of documents;
- Re-write and edit articles and passages of text;
- Conduct interviews and write articles for the Newsletter;
- Assist in producing and publishing news and other content for ECHA’s website;
- Assist in media monitoring for the ECHA Newsroom;
- Manage and update the ECHA writing guide and writing tips on ECHAnet;
- Perform other duties related to Communication tasks.
- Fluent knowledge of the English language, vocabulary and grammar to a native level;
- Have a detail-orientated approach to work;
- Have experience in writing articles in English and a knowledge of communication best practice;
- Ability to work under very tight schedules;
- Good organisational skills and common sense;
- Team working and flexibility;
- Experience in updating online web content will be considered an asset.
Before appointment, successful applicants will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.
We offer you an interesting, multicultural working environment and a chance to develop you skills.
Apply for this job with your registered EUROPASS CV by clicking "Hae/Apply" on Manpower's website www.manpower.fi.
Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent recruitment workforce solutions. It is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions. Manpower Finland is an authorized private employment agency with branches across the nation. Its combination of global reach and local expertise allows for greater flexibility and agility to respond to changing business needs, providing unique value to clients and candidates through permanent, temporary and contract positions.