The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is the driving force among regulatory authorities in implementing the EU's groundbreaking chemicals legislation for the benefit of human health and the environment as well as for innovation and competitiveness. ECHA helps companies to comply with the legislation, advances the safe use of chemicals, provides information on chemicals and addresses chemicals of concern.
Our client, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is looking for a SCIENTIFIC ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT for fixed term period of 01/07/2017 – 22/12/2017 (full-time). The work environment is very international and youthful and the office is located in Helsinki city center. The position is filled as soon as possible.
The assignee will work in our CSR Dossier Evaluation team, carrying out scientific assessment of human health hazards and assist in the drafting of regulatory decisions. The team evaluates the compliance of toxicological information with the REACH legislation and produces legally-binding decisions requiring the registrants to produce further data on their registered substances in order to clarify potential concerns with the toxicity of the substances.
Support the dossier evaluation process by contributing to the scientific assessment, decision drafting and support to the group.
- Toxicologist (MSc. or higher university degree in toxicology, pharmacology, veterinary medicine or other relevant field) preferably with experience in assessment of animal toxicity studies in a regulatory field.
- Motivated to learn new skills and dynamic
- Interpersonal skills and aptitude for team work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to organise, prioritise and management several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines;
- Service orientation and sense of responsibility;
- Good command of written and spoken English (European language level B2)
We offer you an interesting, multicultural working environment and a chance to develop you skills.
Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent recruitment workforce solutions. It is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions. Manpower Finland is an authorized private employment agency with branches across the nation. Its combination of global reach and local expertise allows for greater flexibility and agility to respond to changing business needs, providing unique value to clients and candidates through permanent, temporary and contract positions.