Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) devices and battery energy storage solutions for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo. In addition to traditional UPSs we develop energy storage and hybrid UPS solutions. The future trend for UPSs is to be a part of the grid and support usage of renewable energy.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
We are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join our 3-phase UPS R&D team.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading the product development and design of power conversion products and systems from initial customer proposal through production launch.
- Responsible for systems engineering activities including customer/market specification review, technical requirements development, system performance prediction, requirements tracking, and review of verification and validation testing.
- Leads product development activities, including electronic subassembly design (schematics, PCB layout) and testing.
- Oversees and supports overall product design - electrical, electronics, embedded software, mechanical.
- Participates actively in technology development and innovates new ideas
- Reviews engineering design prior to release. Leads and conducts FMEA & DFMA analysis.
- Analyzes product performance to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests.
- Participates in cost studies, DFM analyses, design Reviews, and manufacturing process/equipment recommendations.
- Develops and mentors other engineers (globally) and act as an internal technical consultant
- Master / Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Wide experience in electrical product design
- Design experience with UPS and/or other power electronic products
- Understanding of hardware, firmware and mechanical design
- Experience of leading cross-functional development teams
- Good communication skills
What Eaton offers?
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- You'll have the opportunity to experience R&D working in a global environment
- Excellent working environment - safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
- The role is a fantastic opportunity to work within our World Class organization at Eaton
Interested? We would like to hear about you!
For more information about the role, please contact Principal Recruitment Advisor Heli Villa at Experis Finland, +358 50 5703 680 or [email protected]
Does this position sound like you? Please apply by registering your CV at www.experis.fi along with your salary request as soon as possible, but no later than 30 January 2023.
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.