We are Telia, the New Generation Telco. Everything we do is about connecting the world. We provide people with innovative, easy-to-access and effective ways to keep in touch and communicate with each other anywhere in the world. Networks remain in the core of our business, but as we are also the pioneers in the digital world, we provide services such as Internet of Things, Data Center, Digital Identity and Connected Cars. Be inspired by our New Generation Telco journey and create the digital future with us!
Are you interested in ramping up Analytics business impacts and evolving Telia Analytics capabilities to the next level? Do you like strategic challenges and the opportunity to drive substantial growth through analytics, reporting and insights?
We are now searching for Director, Analytics to work with us leading the Analytics teams within the Marketing and Analytics department in Helsinki.
About the role
The Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Reporting Analysts chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business.
The Director of Analytics will be responsible for overseeing Data Analysts to drive business outcomes through the adoption of analytics. This team will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing the strategic initiatives related to data and ensuring those are delivered. Reporting to the TFMT member responsible for Marketing and Analytics, this role will sit on the Marketing and Analytics leadership team.
Your next challenge
You will take the lead on the entire process end to end - from data access, analysis and final results being responsible for:
- Lead, develop, execute and maintain a vision and strategies to drive continuous improvement of the impact of the Analytics organization on the Telia Finland business
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve the analytics roadmap based on needs of the business
- Analyze complex business problems, develop models, create operational scenarios, and identify related implications that enable Telia managers to make informed business decisions
- Drive adoption of data-driven solutions by key stakeholders and increase data literacy and data access across Telia Finland
- Manage, mentor, and develop the Analytics team. Provide active management, mentoring and career development, and promote best practices and operational excellence across the team.
- Evolve capabilities of the team, systems, and analytic processes as required to support the business
- Ensure robust cross functional coordination and collaboration with supporting parts of the business, including Segments, IT/CPS, Channels, Marketing/CRM and Finance.
Could you be the perfect match?
We are looking for someone who has a background in Analytics and who is able to set the vision, lead the team, develop further capabilities, and create additional impact from Telia's analytical investments and efforts in Finland.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Physical or Social Sciences, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative field
- 5 - 7 years of experience in managing data-driven business decisions within telecom, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence or banking industrie
- Strong background in analytics, reporting and/or statistical concepts and familiarity with at least one scripting language, e.g., SQL
Preferred qualifications include
- Top-notch people manager with a track record of growing and developing teams of analysts
- Steadfast focus on the details while keeping strategic priorities top of mind
- Excellent judgement in the face of business complexity, ambiguity and competing priorities
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect the best from your peers and team to get joint projects done well
- Seize opportunities and be willing to go beyond the task at hand
- Strong influence skills and ability to build effective partnerships with partners and IT as well as collaborate within cross-functional team environments
Excited and want to be part of our journey?
Please apply by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible, by 15th of November 2019.
For more information about the role, please contact Senior Consultant Heli Villa, Experis, tel. 050 5703 680, on 7th of November at 8 - 9 am, or 12th of November at 3 - 4 pm.
We look forward to your application.
Experis™ on johto- ja asiantuntijatason rekrytointi- ja projektiratkaisuihin erikoistunut kansainvälinen yritys. Luomme uusia ura- ja kasvumahdollisuuksia osaaville yksilöille ja autamme asiakkaitamme saavuttamaan omat tavoitteensa nopeammin. Olemme erikoistuneet IT- ja insinöörialan sekä taloushallinnon, myynnin, markkinoinnin, viestinnän ja henkilöstöhallinnon osaamisalueisiin. Vuosittain etsimme asiakkaidemme avainpaikoille tuhansia alansa parhaita täsmä- ja erityisosaajia, esimiehiä ja johtajia. Experis on osa ManpowerGroupia.