Uponor is rethinking water for future generations. Our offering, including safe drinking water delivery, energy-efficient radiant heating and cooling and reliable infrastructure, enables a more sustainable living environment. We help our customers in residential and commercial construction, municipalities and utilities, as well as different industries to work faster and smarter. Uponor employs about 3,800 professionals in 26 countries in Europe and North America. In 2019, Uponor's net sales totalled approximately €1.1 billion.
Uponor is strengthening its team to transform financial services by placing process automation, robotics and digitalization at its core. We are offering a chance to passionate people who are not afraid to aim high and are ready to rethink financial services, just like we at Uponor are rethinking water for future generations. Will you change the game with us?
We are looking for a Team Lead, Closing and Reporting, to join Uponor's Financial Services Team. Financial Services offers transactional services to Uponor's Finnish and Swedish legal units. We work in close cooperation with Business Controllers and Business Representatives as well as with Group Accounting and Controlling.
Our new Team Lead should have strong people management and collaboration skills as well as the drive to create a high-performance culture, since at Uponor, we appreciate our values. You are also a genuine team player with a development-oriented mindset. You report to the Director, Financial Services, and the position is located in our new premises in Helsinki.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing the daily work of the Service Team of eight people. You have an overall responsibility for Service Team delivery, measured by appropriate KPIs. You manage, supervise and lead the team to ensure proper staffing, work allocation, staff performance, motivation and development. You also provide coaching for the team's daily operations and issue solving, facilitate knowledge management for continuous development, as well as conduct team member development discussions and planning.
- Participating in the operative work of a defined area, e.g. period closing, tasks related to fixed assets accounting, IFRS and compliance reporting.
- Driving continuous development in GL accounting and reporting area to ensure harmonized and efficient processes and controls.
- Supervising the period end closing process, coordinating the auditing process as well planning the work allocation of different reporting support activities together with the Director, Financial Services.
- Supervising the statutory accounting process for countries in the scope.
To succeed in this position, we wish you to have the following qualifications:
- Several years of relevant experience and team lead/supervisory experience, preferably from accounting or financial controlling.
- In-depth accounting knowledge of general ledger processes.
- Good understanding of group consolidation processes.
- Experience from an international shared service environment and knowledge from operational excellence (e.g. Lean) initiatives are considered an asset.
- Oracle ERP, Hyperion Financial Management system knowledge is beneficial.
- Educational background in accounting/economics, university degree is desired but not mandatory.
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English language skills, Swedish language skills considered an asset
We are offering a position that will grow with you and provide further career opportunities in our international working environment.
Please apply by registering your CV in English, with the salary request in Experis website www.experis.fi by 9.4.2020. For more information, feel free to contact Senior Consultant Tea Laamanen tea.laamanen (at) fi.experis.com or +358 400 219 229.
Experis™ is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.